Sunday, July 10, 2011

Strawberry Switchblade forever


About 10 years ago I worked with a guy who was really into gothic and industrial music. In fact, one time he showed up to work in full gothic make-up, trying to emulate that dude from The Crow movie, but it looked more like Courtney Love's make-up after a weekend bender. Most of the music he liked wasn't really my cup of tea, but he did get me into one band that I instantly fell in love with: Strawberry Switchblade. I love the way they dress, like gothic Harajuku princess brides and their music is super fun, melodic pop with dual vocals (Jill Bryson and Rose McDowall). They only released one proper album and several singles. I don't know what Jill Bryson did after the band split up, but Rose went on to record solo material and had other side projects: Spell (with Boyd Rice) and Sorrow in the mid 1990's.





No comments:

Post a Comment